Monday, August 30, 2010

Holy Frijoles!... Beans not necessary.



Just thought I'd share Saturday's Brunch at Bagel Palace with all of you. This is why I work out often, and this is why I love living... Yes, you are viewing that correctly. Thanks to Druid Hills' finest of Jewish Delicatessens (which I have reviewed before so I hope you have made it there since then!) we have the Knish Sandwich. I wasn't quite sure what this was going to look like but after I told myself to order something other than the usual (Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Bagel with a side of Creamy Grits... along with never ending diner Coffee) I thought to myself "Man, it's been a while since I've had a Most-Delicious Knish. I should order one today for splitsies with the boyfriend. And then as I looked up from the "Sides" only to see the Most-Magnanomous of inventions... yes my friends, and it was GLORIOUS.

A sheer heart attack waiting to happen. I thought maybe this would come out to me in the version of another bagel sandwich, maybe the meat of my choosing would be piled high and a little mini knish would be scrunched in there somehow.... but no, EVER BETTER; there was no bagel and the bread was substituted for deep fried potatoey goodness. It got one very loud, "HOLY CRAP!" when it came to the table and the waitress simply smiled at my reaction, it was even better looking than I had ever imagined. I chose for this sandwich to be graced with the presence of corned beef. Ample sliced beefy goodness... amidst two golden deep fried pockets of crisp and inside each was mashed potatoey heaven. With a generous squirt or two of spicy mustard this had to be eaten with a knife and fork in my opinion. And, with a side order of mayonnaise coated macaroni salad, a pickle on the side, and never ending coffee I was sure to go home that day with a steep order of yoga and park aerobics in the queue.... and it was WORTH EVERY BITE... so have a closer look, this is for you:



You're Welcome. Now go try it. Up next:  (Simple)-ly Delicious Brownies from Scratch!

No comments:

Post a Comment