Monday, February 1, 2010

Vegan Bake Sale for Haiti Relief

So my Vegan friend Kristin (mentioned in the "Adventures in Vegan Baking" post) decided to put on a Bake Sale for the Haiti relief efforts... throngs showed up and bought. Really awesome considering this hits close to home, as a person who's heritage, family, and hometown was drastically affected by Hurricane Katrina back in 2005.

Many of us donated baked goods including several Vegan Bakeries in the Atlanta Area, and even a shop or two AND a potter! (her stuff is really lovely by the way take a look, http://www.etsy.com/shop/vesselsandwares) NEAT.

All funds raised (over $1300!!!) went to Doctors Without Borders http://doctorswithoutborders.org/ 

Awesome yall! Thanks again to Kristin, Criminal Records, and all those who baked and donated for those in need. Makes me happy to know that there are people left who effectively destroy that bogus "out of sight, out of mind" garbage.



  
  
  
  
  
  
  
 
  
  
  
  
  
  
 




2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I was there and bought some of the goods. Honestyly some were better than others, but I was really suprised at how many I actually enjoyed!! I was mainly buying to donate, but I was happy with what I ended up with!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! Thanks for your support ;-)

    ReplyDelete